Game Software Engineer
Specular Interactive is on a mission to create a truly fun and exciting game experience no matter if you are playing in the arcade, at home or on the go. We are also intent on having fun while doing it.
We are looking for Software Engineers with superlative C++ coding skills, a high degree of task versatility, a strong commitment to finding elegant solutions, a passion for videogames and the desire and knowhow to work as a key member of an amazing development team to produce great games.
You will be working in beautiful Orange County with one of the best and most experienced teams in the gaming industry. You’ll get to work on exciting new game projects with cutting edge in-house custom engines and industry-leading middleware.
• Write reliable, high quality, well-documented and efficient game code.
• Contribute to game design and gameplay.
• Help drive the technology and architecture of our projects.
• Identify and solve complex problems.
• Research and self-educate to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the company’s technological evolution.
• 2+ years professional experience as a programmer on game team.
• At least 1 shipped game title in role of programmer or equivalent.
• Very strong 3D math skills.
• Highly skilled in clean, objected-oriented, highly optimized C / C++.
• Experienced in coding fun, polished gameplay mechanics.
• Experience in UE4 is a plus.
• Experience in console development is a plus.
• Experience in mobile development is a plus.
• Good team player.
• Passion for videogames.
To apply for this position please use our Contact form and select Jobs