Server Software Engineer
Specular Interactive is on a mission to create a truly fun and exciting game experience no matter if you are playing in the arcade, at home or on the go. We are also intent on having fun while doing it.
We are looking for an experienced Server Software Engineer with superlative C++ coding skills, a proven history of writing server backend code, fluency in C++, Python, and PHP, a firm understanding of what’s going on “under-the-hood”, a strong commitment to finding elegant solutions, and the desire and knowhow to work as a key member of an amazing development team to produce great games.
You will be working in beautiful Orange County with one of the best and most experienced teams in the gaming industry. You’ll get to work on exciting new game projects with cutting edge in-house custom engines and industry-leading middleware.
• Write bug-free, high quality, well-documented and efficient server code.
• Design, implement, and optimize scalable, reliable, secure, redundant code and software systems for massively-multiplayer online features and functionality.
• Drive the technology and architecture of our projects.
• Contribute to game design and gameplay.
• Identify and solve complex problems.
• Research and self-educate to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the company’s technological evolution.
• 2+ years professional experience writing server backend code.
• Fluent in C++ and understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Fluent in Python, PHP, Perl, or Ruby.
• Deep understanding of distributed and scalable systems.
• Experienced in multithreaded programming.
• Database experience in MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or equivalent.
• Experienced in optimizing database connections and queries.
• Experienced in online gaming architecture including PC, PS4, Xbox One.
• iOS and Android backend experience a plus.
• Good team player.
• Passion for videogames.
To apply for this position please use our Contact form and select Jobs