Senior Software Engineer
Specular Interactive is on a mission to create a truly fun and exciting game experience no matter if you are playing in the arcade, at home or on the go. We are also intent on having fun while doing it.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with superlative C++ coding skills, a proven history of fun gameplay programming, fluency in 3D math and coding, a high degree of task versatility, a firm understanding of what’s going on “under-the-hood”, a strong commitment to finding elegant solutions, and the desire and knowhow to work as a key member of an amazing development team to produce great games.
You will be working in beautiful Orange County with one of the best and most experienced teams in the gaming industry. You’ll get to work on exciting new game projects with cutting edge in-house custom engines and industry-leading middleware.
• Write bug-free, high quality, well-documented and efficient game code.
• Contribute to game design and gameplay.
• Help drive the technology and architecture of our projects.
• Identify and solve complex problems.
• Research and self-educate to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the company’s technological evolution.
• 5+ years professional experience as a programmer on game team.
• At least 3 shipped game titles in role of programmer or equivalent.
• Very strong 3D math skills.
• Highly skilled in clean, objected-oriented, highly optimized C / C++
• Experienced in modern, shader-based graphics pipelines.
• Experience in console development.
• Experience in mobile development.
• Experienced in tools development is a plus.
• Experience in multi-threading and network programming a plus.
• Good team player.
• Passion for videogames.
To apply for this position please use our Contact form and select Jobs